Maintenance of SY ice machine (Update For 2023)
- Exterior Cleaning
- Cleaning of Ice Storage
- Follow the steps below:
- Cleaning of the Ice Making Parts
Before cleaning or maintenance, unplug the Ice Machine from the main power supply .Do not use any alcohol or fume for cleaning/sanitization of the Ice Machine. It may cause cracks on the plastic parts. Ask an authorized service engineer to check and clean the condenser at least once a year, in order to keep the appliance working properly.
If the Ice Machine has been left unused for a long period of time, it must be thoroughly cleaned before the next use. Follow the cleaning instructions below. Do not leave any solution inside the Ice Machine after cleaning.
Periodic cleaning and proper maintenance will ensure efficiency, performance, hygiene, and duration of the machine. Never keep anything in the ice storage bin. Objects, like wine and beer bottles, are unsanitary and may cause obstruction of the drain pipe.
To clean the outside of the Ice Machine, use a slightly damp cloth and wipe down the exterior. DO NOT use direct water or solvent-based or abrasive cleaners.
Stainless steel products exposed to chlorine gas and moisture, such as in spas or swimming pools, may cause discoloration of stainless steel. Discoloration from chlorine gas is normal.
Cleaning of Ice Storage
The ice storage cabinet should be sanitized occasionally. Clean the cabinet before the Ice Machine is used for the first time and reused after a long period of time.
Follow the steps below:
- Turn off the Ice Machine and unplug the power cord.
- Open the Door for ice taking and wipe down the interior with a special ice maker cleaning fluid (usually based on citric acid) and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Rinse thoroughly with potable water. The rinsed water should be drained out via the drain hose.
- Dry with a clean, soft cloth.
The ice scoop should be washed regularly. Wash it in the same fashion as you would any food container.
Cleaning of the Ice Making Parts
- Repeat the above steps to clean the water tank and other inner parts of the Ice Machine.
- When the water flowing from the water dividing pipe on the evaporator is very minor, disassemble the water dividing pipe for cleaning. Clean each small hole on the water dividing pipe. Make sure all holes are unclogged, then reinstall the water dividing pipe to the original location.
- If the ice cubes on the surface of the evaporator do not fall down easily, do not use mechanical force to remove them. Press and hold the "Switch/Ice Falling" button for more than 3 seconds to switch to the ice falling process. The ice cubes will start to fall down. Turn off the Ice Machine and unplug the power cord to clean the surface of the evaporator.
Buy GSEICE SY ice makers, good choice for your home or business. What are you waiting for, check the price and buy it now!